Dr. Jasper Westhuizen, a very experienced and well renowned dental surgeon, leads our implant centre. We cater for all patients, and have a brand new, state of the art CT scanner at our practice to make sure that your treatment is as quick and easy as possible. Jasper has placed thousands of implants and helped thousands of patients change their lives through implant treatment.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is essentially a substitute for a natural root and commonly it is screw or cylinder shaped. Crowns, bridges and dentures can all be attached to dental implant to give the most natural, secure and long term solution for the replacement for missing teeth.
What implant system do you use?
We use a wide selection of implant systems, and we will use the best system available for your individual case (including Nobel Biocare, Adin and Straumann).
What is the process, from start to finish?
- We will see you for an initial consultation (costing £79), giving you an opportunity to meet Dr. Westhuizen and discuss with him your exact requirements. Dr. Westhuizen will make a personalised treatment plan, showing the costs and timings for all options available to you.
- If you decide to go ahead, we will book you in for a CT scan (which is given to you to keep, costing £120) and we will book you in for a second consultation with Dr. Westhuizen (costing £33), where he will review the CT scan with you, and finalise the treatment plan, after assessing the suitability of the bone levels in your jaw for implant treatment. In most cases, these appointments can be on the same day.
- After this, we will book you in for your placement appointment (usually around 45-60 minutes).
- After your placement appointment, we will book you in for the impressions for your crown or bridge (usually around 12-16 weeks after your placement appointment).
- Around 2-3 weeks after your impressions appointment, we will see you to fit your final crown or bridge.
Is the process painful?
Not at all. We will make sure that the area is entirely numb before we begin, and the actual process of placing an implant is quick. The majority of your placement appointment will be spent discussing the upcoming treatment, and going through the aftercare instructions to help the area heal quickly and well.
Why do I need a CT scan before having an implant placed?
A CT scan gives us a 3D image of your jaw, which is the only way for us to determine your bone levels. If you have been told that the existing bone is not sufficient to place an implant, we can usually perform a bone graft to improve the bone level, so please still come in for a consultation.
How much will an implant and crown cost?
We can't guarantee a price until you have been to see us for your initial consultation, however as a guide, an implant and a crown costs around £2,200. We can also offer interest-free payment plans to help finance the cost of your treatment.
Why should I visit Finest Smile for my dental implants?
From start to finish, you can be assured of a excellent experience, at a state of the art practice, with the best equipment available and the most experienced staff. As a practice, we are very well known for going above and beyond to make sure all of our patients are comfortable and enjoy visiting us. You can rely on a personalised experience with a single point of contact throughout your treatment. We are also able to offer most treatments at our practice in Southbourne, removing the need to be referred elsewhere for any of your treatment plan. We are also able to offer interest-free treatment plans to help spread the cost of your treatment. Our dental surgeon, Dr. Westhuizen, is one of the most experienced dental surgeons in the area, meaning you can rely on the highest possible standard of care.
SPECIAL OFFER: To celebrate the installation of our CT scanner, we are currently offering your second consultation - usually £33 - free of charge!