Dental Check-ups by your Bournemouth Dentist
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
What's true for almost everyone on this planet (except the really lucky ones) is that, at some points in their lives, people will need dental care. The mouth is resistant to many bacteria that constantly invade it and teeth have their weak spots and eventually they will be exposed to decay.
Dental check-up generally takes about 20-30 minutes. Using a probe, our dentist will check all sides of every tooth, looking for tiny points of decay. If everything is fine, all you pay is the minimum check-up fee. If there′s any suspicion, an x-ray of the tooth will be taken. Depending on the situation, you'll be advised what′s needed to fix the problem.
A dental check-up every six months puts your mind at rest that nothing will be allowed to get out of control. Even if you′ve had a lot of dental restoration up till now, you can ensure that in future everything will be much easier for you.
At each check-up, our dentist will:
- Examine your teeth, gums, and mouth;
- Ask about your general health and any problems you have had with your teeth, mouth, or gums since your last visit;
- Ask about, and give you advice on, your diet, smoking, and alcohol use, and teeth-cleaning habits;
- Discuss with you a date for your next visit;
- Undertake any specialist investigations if required, such as X-Rays, or preventative treatments including an oral cancer screening;
- Restore your smile;
Generally, the lower your risk of dental problems, the longer you can wait before your next check-up. So people with good oral health will probably need to attend only once every 12 months,but those with more problems will need check-ups more often.
To enjoy the high standard of care we offer here at Finest Smile Dental Studio in Bournemouth, call today on 01202 382418 and make an appointment.